08-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #818
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
we also have to keep in mind that the entire black house team has been working w/ Josh Janousek, a former nation wrestling champ, so maybe we will see better takedown defense from Silva

I have more faith in Nick Diaz beating GSP, than Okami beating Silva. I just personally don't see it
+ 1

I think Diaz has a better chance of beating GSP on a good day but I wouldn't bet against GSP either. Diaz is in great form at the moment, it will be a great fight to see nonetheless. I'm sure GSP will have a perfect gameplan that he will implement and win on points. I do have more faith in Diaz beating GSP than Okami beating Silva though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
Popular choice meaning most are picking silva to win not cause of nuthuggers. You really think diaz has a better chance? Diaz last lost I believe was a wrestler not even in same level as gsp. Sherk was it? Or kj noon? Whatever gsp wins by boredom

Oh Yah shogun will lose again
The Shogun fight will be interesting, if he enters the fight in shape I think he should win the fight. He's hungry for a win and he's fighting out of Brazil whereas Griffin has the mental edge because of his past win. I think Shogun will win this fight.

Anyways, Okami has gone the distance 7 out of his 9 last fights. He likes to go the distance and I suspect that's his only chance. The last guy Okami TKO'd has been released from UFC and the guy he KO'd before that ended up losing to Kendall Grove the next fight

I think when someone backs the longest reigning successful undisputed champion in UFC against a fighter like Okami does not make me a nuthugger. I'm just going by the facts, on paper Silva looks much better and from what I've seen of both fighters he will win. The world champion has to consistently fight the no.1 contender in the division, he is always fighting the best, there are no easy fights and he's been on top of his game.

Also I am still confused as to what your trying to say about the odds. Silva is paying 1.22 vs Okami paying 3.96. I have to say these odds are paying quite well for Silva as he normally pays around 1.08-1.12 and I suspect this will drop closer to fight day. Anyways you first explained that odds were based on which fighter is more popular. I disagreed with this and you went on to say most people are picking Silva to win not because of nuthuggers
Appreciate 0