05-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #23
warzilla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, f31 330, f31 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
I'll respond to your above request here:

Given the information currently at hand, I personally believe that the shop (a professional place that does tire mounting for a living) damaged both tires while mounting them, then lied to you, and showed them to you after they damaged them. Just because something is improbable doesn't mean that it is impossible. They told you because they knew you'd find out once you picked up the wheels/tires, and decided to shift blame in order to get away with what they did. For the record, I find it hard to believe that he damaged 2 rear tires but not the 2 front ones, if he hit a pothole or something. If he hit a pothole, it would more likely have been the two tires on one side, or, if the pothole was big enough, all four tires.
I'm a fair and open minded guy. So let me ask you this (and to anyone else on the forum here who wants to blame the tire shop):

- who with professional experience in mounting tires can tell me and also show some sort of documentation (ie URLs, other posts on this forum, etc) that mounting tires onto the wheel can cause bubbles onto the sidewalls as on the tires that were sent to me from the Seller? Love to hear from any of the shops on the forum who does tires.

Cause what you are saying is what the Seller first said to me - its the tire shops fault. He even cited the white mark on one tire photo as mounting damage. Unfortunately that white mark was a grease stain (the grease used during the mounting) and has since washed away.

And to your theory, it also goes the other way: you are saying a tire shop puts bubbles on the two rear tires during mounting, at the exact same spot/placement on the tire, but the front two tires are perfectly fine - no issues during mounting.

2006 M3 ZHP in IB (Crashed) | 2005 M3 ZHP in IB (Sold)
2004 M3 in IR - Current
2018 330ix Wagon - Current
2017 328d Wagon - Current
Appreciate 0