11-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #347
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
For many people, I realize there's a huge appeal to a "factory" car being offered like this -- because they are squeemish about putting so many modifications into their brand new car and voiding their "factory" warranty. But this isn't really a factory car -- is it? Since this comes from BMW Motorsport, I'm wondering what kind of "factory" warranty is available.

Now after seeing the specs, I think I'm a little disappointed. There's very little in this car, that most of us RS46 customers haven't done, and nothing at all that KonigsTiger didn't do to his RS46 in the following thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288953

And when you consider the price, I think the appeal tips in favor of taking your current M3 and modifying it to your tastes for the same, or less money. If you go the aftermarket route, you get to pick and choose which features you want to add and/or delete. For the same money, you end up with a car that completely individualized to your tastes.

We'll see if anything changes with the official announcement. If not, then for me personally, it's a big .

The main difference is that the factory car with it's limited number will be worth far more compared to a stock M3 that is modified to death. Your car will be worth F'all come the time you sell it.
Appreciate 0