View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
mthreefan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Le Mans Blue M3 (ZCP)

My 2013 M3 Journey Thus Far

So I finally made my decisions and decided to pull the trigger on a few mods. Please excuse the numerous pictures but, as that say, pictures are worth a thousand words.

It all started about a month ago finalizing all the paper work just before midnight. New car for a new day and very excited...

I knew before I could even start driving it I had to protect it. Doing a bit of cold calling and research I decided to contact Protech, a local clear bra installer in Orange County. They were very nice and did a very clean install. I was discouraged by the lines caused by half hoods and half fenders so they recommended a full custom wrap.

Headlights, fenders, hood, and bumper were a must...

Fenders

Hood

Rockers

Completed Hood, Bumper, and Fenders

Cargo Lid and behind the wheels

After I knew it was safe to drive it, I went with this forum's advise and decided to tint all the windows with a low key 48%. I used to get hassled over 35% but since moving down to Orange County it doesn't seem to be such a big deal by the police anymore. You guys ever get that feeling too?

Tint, also provided by Protech.

Then after many back and forth decisions I decided an Arkym Aerorace setup would look fantasic. I started with their front bumper and rear trunk.

Then with much debate I decided to forgo the aggressive paint jobs and keep it a clean le mans blue metallic.

Original

Final Shots

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Aerorace hood and installation and happy to say I finally broke in past the required mileage.

I'm still interested in picking up some black matte or black chrome side markers, does anyone have a suggestion on where to find ones that fit well?

Also, I've had my mind set on a rear diffuser for a while too but I'm hesitant. Thoughts?

And finally, the rims. Should i leave them alone or search out a black set to match the rest?

All feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you and it's great to be apart of this community!
Appreciate 0