View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

I have a C6 Corvette. Its been S/C'd the last 3 years w/o even one minor issue. It makes over 600hp and whoops stock Z06's and other top tier sports cars. The LS series engines are over built and can take much more power than stock numbers. That should dispell that one issue brought up.

A Corvette and M3 are completly different types of cars. Ones a very nice Sports coupe(maybe the best out there) with nice appointments and the other is an all out sports car. You climb into an M3 for a nice spirited drive in the country. Climb into a Corvette and you're ready for the track. Dont mind the composite body panels either. They keep the car at about 3200lbs(Z06 even less). Certainly helps the numbers when it comes to weight/power ratio in regards to acceleration, handling, braking.... Yup, the BMW is more comfy and the interior is nicer but I've driven my Vette on many long road trips and it suits me and the wife just fine. If we need a back seat we take one of the other cars.
Not to mention the TQ of the big V8 is utterly intoxicating!
That huge disparity of TQ(100+lb ft) is what really separates the two cars. IMO.
Appreciate 0