View Single Post
      12-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #160
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
You might be misinterpreting the example. I see a lot of people trying to overcome the reduced dynamics of a compressed mastering (i.e. 99% of today's pop/rock recordings) with EQ changes. That's why all this moaning about "sounds good with pop, bad with jazz", etc. A real high-end system will sound good with all properly mastered recordings. When you have loud iTunes-mastered stuff, you're going to be fooling with the EQ all day long.
I get that a good system is SUPPOSED to not need to really adjust EQ, however the m3 system sounds like garbage with the EQ not adjusted so we are forced to adjust it to get a decent sound. I have realized different songs are going to sound drastically different and that is just how it is. I guess my past stereos have been such garbage that I never could tell the difference in quality but the m3 system is decent enough quality where it illustrates a big difference between different songs and recording quality. Some times less is more. With my crap system I just cranked volume up and it sounded like a hollow tin can but atleast I got the same quality (crap quality albeit) with every song!
Appreciate 0