View Single Post
      02-13-2019, 06:12 PM   #29
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Great to finally see things starting to happen on the S65!

It would be awesome to get
a) dynos over the entire powerband, so if there's any trade offs they're apparent (not for track use, but for street or dual purpose cars)
b) SAE mode on the dynojet. If you have access to the dynojet files, that can be generated retroactively. If you email me all 3 files, I could overlay them at every RPM and switch it over to SAE

Nick's S54 throttle body dyno below. His car is a full bolt (CSL intake, full exhaust, CSL based tune) on S54 plus cams, IIRC. I would say this is about best case for TBs on the s54-- a lower output/more stock S54 would gain less from them then he did. The only difference between the two curves is the Dinan TBs:

His dyno is the only one I know of that compares TBs and TBs alone.

He had a dyno tune, from the same tuner, for both setups. Same dyno.
Slowly but surely things will start happening with the S65 as well!

I don't have dyno files for the E90 full. And the picture I have for it which I used to extrapolate the data doesn't show anything under 5500rpm
I wish I had this because I'm curious if the same thing shows as the Alekshop car: power with cams only overtook the version without cams past like 6k rpm. Not the case on my car but still worth considering.

Someone forwarded a dyno comparison of a stroker S65 with headers and only changing TBs on the same dyno. -2whp. Obviously within the noise, but basically no gain. It's on the dyno database
Appreciate 0