09-18-2018, 05:51 PM   #25
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-M3 View Post
It's extremely frustrating to deal with electrical gremlins. But at the same time, anything mechanical with this car is that much more exorbitant!!! I guess it's a no win situation if things start going wrong . Fortunately , it's at least a reasonably reliable and tested platform . And the forum support... that's invaluable. I haven't found any other forums (except maybe the concurs owners group for the C14) that are as helpful as this forum
Agreed this forum has literally saved me thousands of dollars since my purchase of this beast back in December. Without it I would've had to send my car out for diagnostics numerous times, as well as most likely paid shops to do the labor for these jobs because without the DIYs on here I wouldn't feel as comfortable digging into some of these jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serg87 View Post
I don't think you gave bad info. The battery needed to be replaced regardless. It was the original battery from 2011. I replaced it yesterday with a Duralast H8-AGM from Autozone and I plan on getting it coded and registered today. I'll have the shop see if any other codes come up. The warning light was gone after I installed the new battery last night. Hopefully that solved it.
Nice! And if you weren't aware you can code the battery in using carly, took just a few mins when I did it. Hopefully that clears everything up
Appreciate 0