View Single Post
      11-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #1394
MPower7
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajmun340 View Post
Hey 6MT fellow owners. My 2013 M3 has a strong tendancy to start to buckle repeatedly in 1st gear when trying to accelerate smoothly from a stop. It was this way from day one (factory order) and now the warranty will expire in a couple of weeks and it's still there.
I had plenty of years to adapt to the car and was a seasoned manual driver before i got it, i can heel and toe shift (not for this, just saying), i know it's not me. I've had a few chances to testdrive other manuals and found that none had this. I've read that some others have complained about this but is there any known repair that can fix or improve this ? Using more throttle is one way, and i got good at stopping the oscillations by pressing down the clutch but these are workarounds and i feel the problem should not be there in the first place. There are situation for example when you're leaving a place with pedestrians you want to walk pace the car but those oscillations are working against you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2001 View Post
It's annoying as hell but I have learned to live with it. Can't imagine what a fix would be, interested in hearing anyone out. I know there are other threads on this but have not yet read of a fix.

I might add that the only time this happens with me is when the car is cold and I figured it's me keeping it under 3k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajmun340 View Post
I remember driving the car for the first time at the Welt in Munich for euro delivery and got the same bucking. Being new to the car I didn't give any thought to it except that i have to adapt my clutching to new car. 4 years later now, it still does it, but now i know it's not me, it was the car all along. I wonder if it correlates with the engine shake at fixed 1500 RPM. With the car stopped and in neutral rev your engine precisely to 1500 RPM and keep it exactly there +/- 100 rpm (you have to be precise with your foot). Do you feel your driver seat transfering engine shakes to you ? maybe that is not related but would be directly in the engine not the MT.
This car has so many quirks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2001 View Post
Never noticed that but I know exactly what you are describing to get it to do it so I will give it a shot next time I am behind the wheel.
This is not normal, my car does not do this at all. Keep us updated if you find a fix.
Appreciate 0