02-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #44
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddster View Post
Thanks Mark. Looks like we'll both have a couple of unique rides. I just placed my order last week and have week 14 production. I was hoping to get similar stuff done, but didn't know how to. To your knowledge, is it possible for me to still request these type of upgrades?

I was looking at the pic below where they added the same color on the front dash pieces to give it a more horizontal look as well. I'd like my interior to look almost exactly like this one. In a worst case scenario, is there a way to get this stuff done after delivery?
Buddster, you might be out of luck with a week 14 production number. I was given an ultimatum 2 weeks ago from M Div similar to "O.K. Mark, are you sure this is it? No more changes because we won't be able to do it". And I'm not scheduled until week 18. According to BMW, our orders are in the pipeline, their computer has already communicated with their suppliers and to change things would require a re-scheduling of your build week....to the back of the line of course. This is particularly so with an Individual car because it's a special order. So I guess you can do it if you're willing to wait...and BMW USA will allow the changes.

Your photo is of a regular 3 ser Individual interior. The M3 does not get the lower door panels in the seat color and the extended Individual trim does not include the extras you previously highlighted (top of console, shift boot, etc). The lower door trim was definately a "no go" when I tried and for the life of me I can't figure out why (even the regular 3 series with the light beige interior has cream colored lower door panels). The rest of it I was able to change. In retrospect, I now prefer the lower black door panels, a better match for the carpeting and lower seat trim.

I have a BMW photoshop of the platinum which I've attached (apologies for the quality, it came from ppoint presentation they sent me). It was what I was going to get before switching to rust brown. So this is what your interior will look like except for the top of the console, shift boot and shifter which will be in black leather. And substitute piano black for the maple in the pic. You'll get the idea I'm sure and don't worry that this is an E90 interior, they kept mixing up sedan and coupe photoshops - color combos are exactly the same. BTW, my pic is much more representative of the platinum color....it's more "light cream" (lighter than Lemon Leather) in real life rather than than your BMW Individual photo which looks closer to champagne.

Hope this helps. As for adding leather afterwards, no doubt it could be done but I bet it'd be very, very expensive. Something I wouldn't do. PM me is you need further info.

Regards, Mark
Attached Images

Last edited by Mark's M; 02-20-2010 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0