///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
So I couldn't get the covered 19mm bolt off on the driver's seat, real mess. I ended up just repurposing my passenger rails on the driver's side until I can find a solution. I spent a ton of time on this particular bolt on both sides and can't recommend going this route right now for that reason. I might say just go for the fixed rails, they get you more helmet room anyway. Happy to discuss my issues further but wanted to get the warning out there before others dive in, hope to get something figured out for the passenger side but no rush.
No sure which bolt you are referring to but I had zero problems removing my manual sliders. Did you try an impact driver? If not that might help.
Appreciate the advice, thanks. Unfortunately this bolt is covered and hard to access, likely only an issue on the electric seats. I took apart all kinds of parts to access it and don't think I could even get the OE seats back together now, oh well, track car!

Unless I am missing something I think you might need a special tool to get this bolt out correctly. I bought a thin 19mm wrench and that didn't cut it. I did get it out on the passenger side thankfully.

Also, don't mean to knock Brey Kraus on this at all, their products have amazing quality and they are dealing with all kinds of seat configurations here, confident they or someone else will solve the issue with this particular bolt.

Probably going to pick up one of their fixed seat bracket sets for the passenger side now, have electric sliders on driver's side at least!
Attached Images