12-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #80
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
My M3 had the DCT so I didn't have any issues with grinding gears.

I guess I have just been spoiled with cars that get good traction right out of the box. The M3 never seemed to have traction issues out of the hole nor did the GT-R and 911 I had before the Ford. Even with the optional SVT suspension package I'm just not overwhelmed with how the GT500 drives. It is fun sliding around corners though so long as you mean to do it.

Gone. Had it all of 7 weeks. My wife and I decided it wasn't really good timing for us. With the cutbacks I've made in my business I didn't feel right driving a car that expensive. This was the main reason I went with the Mustang. I can drive it to the office and not feel like I'm flaunting something in front of my employees. My people all know I'm a car guy so they expect me to drive something fun. I never drove the 911, or the GT-R for that matter, to the office because I didn't want to ruffle any feathers.
Well, The M3 has more suspension then power so it doesn't have traction issue because it only has 297 lb.ft. of TQ. The GTR is AWD, and the Porsche has lower TQ as well with fatter tires.

The GT500 has WAY more power HP and TQ, so yeah, you have to drive it with more finesse and treat the acceleration pedal like you have an egg underneath it.

It was the same thing in my Z06. Neither are for a brainless driver and it takes some skill, that is part of the fun of owning a car like that. Just don't be stupid with it and respect its power.

I'm not saying you don't, just making a general statement about those types of cars.

Even though you have to drive the GT500 and Z06 more carefully and mindful then an M3, they both have deeper limits then the M3. Both generate higher lateral g's and accelerate faster.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0