Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I am convinced that the dip is most likely due to valve overlap in that area. If I were going to try and deal with it I would try and retard intake cam timing and see if it helps. If that didn't deal with it I would then try and advance exhaust cam timing a little bit to get the results that I was seeking. Basically what I would be trying to do in this case would be increasing the lobe separation of the intake and exhaust (technically lobe separation refers to single cam engines but the same principle exists depending on your baseline timing of intake and exhaust cams in a twin cam engine).

I am no software engineer, my software modification experience is mostly limited to fuel injection timing, fuel injection duration and boost pressure on a diesel engine. I am just saying what one would do with base cam timing on a gasoline engine to try and make more torque lower in the rev range. There may be limitations that I am unaware of with the MSS60 and the cam phasing system that may limit the amount you could do with cam timing that low in the rev range.

P.S. Are the dyno graphs in WHP??? If so, Nice numbers and good work with the software!
You might be pretty spot on with your inclination to retard the intake camshaft -- but only at higher relative filling levels

Dyno graphs I presume are whp, unless there is a name for hub horsepower. I hope to hit the dyno in the next few weeks as time permits.
I'm interested in trying some of the alternate vanos maps from BMW calibrations in other countries to see how they do.

Thanks!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 09-24-2012 at 12:54 AM..
Appreciate 0