View Single Post
      02-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #169
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Should be pretty easy to document the M235i's LSD as port-installed if it is indeed port-installed. Documents should come with the car. Get protested, show documents, look at rulebook, protest goes away. Clarification by fastrack would help but the SEB can't issue a pronouncement on every M235i because some will be retrofits so what would be the point? If it's port-installed, it's legal, if it's a retrofit, it's not. There are lots of good reasons why this has to be the line in the sand, it's been this way for a long time. Documenting that is on the owner of the car. The SEB basically read the rule back to whoever wrote the letter, they didn't change the rule with that tech bulletin.

That said, I think the M235i is DOA in FS with no LSD or 50 LSD's. Not enough front wheel and not enough front wheel well, but the real killer would be no camber adjustment allowance that I know of? The E46 M3 is probably the worst front camber in FS and it can get a little over a degree, and has an 8" front wheel and weighs less than M235i, and the new Mustang and old Mustang both got ~-2 front, with a 9" front wheel and room for a big tire. I'm never one to discourage somebody from autocrossing an oddball car, but if the M235i can't get more than 1 degree of front camber, I wouldn't bother, it will just piss you off, just go to ST with it

Setup wise, yes, big front bar is the biggest bang for your buck. Does F8x front bar work on F22?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chono View Post
I would like to hear more about this setup!
I'd especially like to know where you put the remotes and how you routed the lines. Along with any other tips you may have.
I have a thread in the suspension forum, and there's a thread in this forum (search "Ultimate SCCA A-stock build" for much reading

Short answer, the front reservoirs are routed to, and rest in, the windshield drains and secured with fuel cell foam, this allows easy access without subjecting them to the heat of the engine bay, and the foam allows water to flow past without clogging the drains. The fronts have quick-disconnects so I just routed the lines along the harness runs

Rears are just zip-tied to the carpet behind the wheel wells inside the trunk, routed the hoses through the vent panels behind each wheel well

I think the MCS remotes are probably overkill for street class. I'd go with the non-remotes if I had it to do over again (they weren't available back in 2011 or whatever when I was one of the first to try anything semi-serious with the E9x M3 autocross-wise), for ease of install, ease of removal, and because the remotes are really better suited for a car that needs longer-run stability and heat resistance, neither of which is that important for a street/autocross car. That said, if you just want to burn money, they're awesome, and having the canisters up where you can get to them is very convenient for nitrogen pressure adjustments. And on Hoosiers, the car was magic. This thread makes me miss hoosiers.

Last edited by Richbot; 02-18-2015 at 10:05 AM..
Appreciate 0