07-22-2019, 09:27 PM   #14
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Many people buy Porsches because they want to say they own a Porsche, or because they always dreamed of owning one. Same applies to the Corvette.

The number of "purists" and "enthusiasts" that own them is not as big as they like to make it out to be in marketing. Don't believe me? Here's what the most popular Corvette configuration looks like, roughly. It's a stripped-down base model that's right at the far edge of the pricing spectrum and has no performance options, making it a weekend cruiser:

-Stingray coupe
-1LT (base model)
-automatic
-no magnetic ride
-base silver wheels
-black interior, base seats
-white paint

These are the guys that ridicule owners like me who take the car to the track and stretch the car's legs. They keep their Corvette in the garage 6 days a week, never drive it in the rain, and take it to the local cruise night at McDonalds every Saturday where they camp out in a fucking lawn chair all night next to it. Go swing by any sort of Corvette owner meet or car show and this is the norm.

These boomermobiles make great track cars if you can manage to convince the owner that his car isn't worth the original MSRP 10 years after he bought it just because of the aforementioned low mileage/no rain use.

http://www.macmulkincorvette.com/cor...ction-numbers/
I got a good laugh out of this. Don't knock the lawn chair though, at HPDE's between being on track and collecting trophies (obviously), sitting in a lawn chair next to my 10 year old bimmer is one of the most enjoyable parts
Appreciate 0