View Single Post
      06-22-2023, 04:32 PM   #11
chefwong
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
Best of the best, but you'll pay to play.
PPF is like Tint Shops IMO.
The ones all putting out high quality work are priced very similarly
IME, most of this stuff from less than a handful of shops I would use is all the same price - maybe a benji or 2/3 off, but nothing majorly drastic.

PPF Pricing is regional.Like all things
It's what the local market will support

Quote:
he’s matched my quote from Extreme Colors near the Performance Center.
I would never find an installer of choice locally and ask for a price match 4 states away <flame suit on>

DD price is inline to the less than a handful of decent shops putting out same level of work...I know of 1 shops that has quoted a smidge about 700-900 more if I recall. This shop does put out high quality work. I only replied as I've seen post #8 work. I don't recommend but everyone has a different exception or eye for these things.

There is a poster here showing his Wrap. I know that shop....I literally have seen a tech grinding/cutting away metal on a G Wagon with multiple cars directly in the same room/garage/workspace. Imagine Hot Metal Fragments embedded into your brand new car you had delivered to either get PPF or wrap....I left after observing the smell of grinding, watching sparks fly and was in complete AWE of all the other cars in the shop with the owners not knowing what environment their cars were in.....If you're a film shop, whether it be vinyl or PPF, there is no business of bodywork being done....and this shop charges in the same range of DD.

Remember, that when going custom PPF, these guys are using knives a hairs breath away or directly scoring film laid already onto the paint...
So if one is considering custom vs precut, this is one factor to be mindful of when choosing a installer

Last edited by chefwong; 06-22-2023 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0