View Single Post
      10-03-2022, 10:09 AM   #1264
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46driver View Post
Just installed the P2000 unit into a 2011 E90 with CIC/HiFi no CD changer. Used all but the Loop wires and had to code in the CD changer with Bimmercode to get it to work. Upon firing up the car the first time with the Unit and taking it out for a drive. Everything worked flawlessly. Maps, Music, and Phone. But after parking the car back at home and leaving the car off for about 7 hours. I get back in and turn the car on to head to work. Carplay fired up as expected and maps loaded but no music is coming out of the speakers whether I hardwire the phone into the unit or use BT/WiFi carplay. Switched to radio to see if it was a speaker problem and nope the radio works fine and sound is working just not through the unit.

Anyone experience this issue and how did you resolve it?
I've had this happen a bunch of times, and you can work around it, but I would like to see it fixed.

Easiest approach is to go back to CIC radio before you shut the car off. (Just hit the radio button on the idrive controller). This seems to prevent it from happening. Just hit the cd button on the idrive controller once the car starts and idrive has finished booting up and go to the mr12volt and you should be good to go.

If you've already gotten into the state where theres no audio in carplay, then from your iphone disable and re-enable wifi, which will restart the carplay connection process. It should work just fine after that.

This whole problem seems like some sort of race condition if the mr12volt is left as the active audio source when the car is first turned on. I just make it a habit to go back to CIC radio before I shut the car off, and I don't have any issues.
Appreciate 0