View Single Post
      10-02-2022, 03:43 AM   #1258
E46driver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 N51 328i

Just installed the P2000 unit into a 2011 E90 with CIC/HiFi no CD changer. Used all but the Loop wires and had to code in the CD changer with Bimmercode to get it to work. Upon firing up the car the first time with the Unit and taking it out for a drive. Everything worked flawlessly. Maps, Music, and Phone. But after parking the car back at home and leaving the car off for about 7 hours. I get back in and turn the car on to head to work. Carplay fired up as expected and maps loaded but no music is coming out of the speakers whether I hardwire the phone into the unit or use BT/WiFi carplay. Switched to radio to see if it was a speaker problem and nope the radio works fine and sound is working just not through the unit.

Anyone experience this issue and how did you resolve it?

**EDIT** RESOLVED.

After receiving a new unit from Mr. 12Volt which I have to mention had tremendously good customer service in terms of their quick responses and engagement with me in fixing the issue, I reinstalled the new unit and I believe that the issue simply came down to a faulty/broken MOST wire(Orange one). The audio now works as it should (I say this because there are still the common cracks from the speakers and lack of bass that others have been reporting). I will re-edit this post once I install the first unit into my buddy's e92 M3 with EPS with a new MOST cable from Mr. 12volt's website to see if it functions perfectly and that should identify the cable as the problem.
2009 Alpine White E92 N51 328i Automagic | Premium & Sport Pkg. | Coral Red/Black Dakota Leather Interior | M-Spor | BMW Performance Exhaust | Active Autowerke Headers | BBS CH-R | CPS Front Lip | Performance Front Grills | 888Concepts Custom Headlights (GONE)

2011 Alpine White E90 N55 335i Automagic

Last edited by E46driver; 10-25-2022 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0