View Single Post
      09-13-2019, 09:15 AM   #40
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
At $39k that Texas E92 is a great deal, why the LOL?

I've found consumables to be pretty mellow on my E92. With The PF Z54 big brake kit I've been running the same race pads going on two sessions now and they still have tons of life, I've been through two sets of pads in the rear though on the stock setup. If you run Pireli DH take offs those last a handful of track days typically and are cheap to buy.

I've considered moving to a more purposeful track car, but not sure it will actually be any funner to drive without spending more money. Car's I've considered, buying one already in close spec - not building:

- Caymen race car of some sort. Still pretty low on power/speed.
- GT4 or GT4 clubsport. Probably pretty awesome, but performance is likely similar to prepping the E92 to a similar level (getting all the extra weight out and adding a cage).
- E46 M3 track prepped. At this point It's still likely cheaper to just pull the weight out of my E92 and likely faster.
- GT3RS. Spend way more money, go faster, wonder if I should have spent that much money on a car.

I have the truck, been looking at a trailer for a while. Just not sure if I keep in the E92 or if a move to something else is really worth it.

Unless you like small tracks, the Cayman race car is still slow as hell. Full out Cayman Cup cars with pirelli DHs can be taken out by a street driven E9X with RE71rs without the slightest problem
GT4 is also quite slow. I've been tracking for many years and ran across over a hundred of them for sure, never found a fast one. Gearing is stupidly long and mid engined is a lot harder to drive fast than all the Excel spreadsheet keyboard warriors think it is.
Also agree in your E46 vs E9X comparison
The GT3 RS should definitely be faster, but will it be more fun? Those cars completely lack adjustability at the limit and when you make a mistake as a driver they put you straight into the wall. And it had better be a 991 generation car if you expect a delta in speed

One thing you don't have on your list is the F8X. Considerably faster than the E9X, exactly the same wonderful driving dynamics, can be bought for 40k

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 09-13-2019 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
tsk941522.00