View Single Post
      06-27-2019, 09:14 AM   #273
ludalex
Rep
Drives: 2014 F20 118d

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
So far it seems the be the list of members with ACP modules in this thread.

Kremersino
yuyuyuyu
PACarGuy

JoyeAuto Wireless
timstar

JoyeAuto Wired
dkmcclelland

Anyone else using the JoyeAuto Wireless?
I'm waiting on my JoyeAuto Wireless order. I will keep this thread posted.

Meanwhile, I did some investigation and contacted IDCORE (which looks like one of the original manufacturer of these boxes), which told me the only authorised reseller is Unique-AD (same owner of IDCORE).
They told me JoeyAuto is not an authorised reseller and that they're aware these "cloned" boxes are around with identical looks to theirs but with cheaper internals (according to them!), as they use Chinese domestic components; this obviously comes off as a pretty sketchy statement as I'm sure IDCORE boxes themselves are manufactured in China with chinese components.. otherwise other companies (JoeyCar) selling identical boxes wouldn't have appeared.

They also informed me that they have a beta firmware with Android Auto support and that they can preinstall it for new orders.
JoeyAuto instead confirmed me that their boxes come with Android Auto, although they could be just referring to MirrorLink which is known to be supported.. or they already got hold of the new beta firmware from IDCORE.. OR they branched off their own version of the firmware - god knows what happens in China!

Knowing that the voice command button on the steering wheel is not programmed to invoke Siri (confirmed by multiple manufacturers that they don't do it as it would clash with OEM voice commands) I've asked both IDCORE and JoeyAuto if they plan to at least make it optional so people who don't have OEM voice commands at all or decide to disable it with coding can make use of it.
Both said that they will not do it, unfortunately.
Appreciate 0