10-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #15
SVH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i & 2011-e93 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolley View Post
Honestly I do. Remember "factory reliability" means precision engineering and a massive amount of of number crunching to ensure that the *majority* of the engines do not fail before the end of the warranty period. The Germans are exceptional at this and it's clear in the choice of materials used in a lot of components that longevity beyond warranty was not even on the list, much less at the top of it.

Alusil motors usually hold up pretty well. I would make the assumption that Steve brought the knowledge with him to the new business to bore/hone/expose these properly. I don't think any of these as per the posted specs would be on the ragged edge of reliability, most of it seems reasonable.
I assume these arn't sleeved. The question is how much boost they'll hold safely.
Then there's always the question of what SC to use with it, who's going to tune it, ect. Nobody will be the responsible party should something go south. Not that one can't build a SC stroker but usually it's not easy to corrdinate such a project.
Appreciate 1
Igor_M52143.00