View Single Post
      10-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #18
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

I just did this now. Took me about 15 minutes total. Hardest part was to see what direction the "e" clips were facing so I knew which way to pull them off. Only took it for a 5 minute drive, but so far the clutch is just a little bit heavier. But has a much more linear feel. There is no more heavy and light part to engaging and disengaging the clutch. I'd imagine for anyone who just drives slow around town this mod won't make much difference, but I can see it definitely a must for the track. If you drive slightly more aggressive on the street (the way the car should be driven) it's so much easier to shift smoothly. I think this fixes the issue people were referring to when they were asking if taking the CDV out was necessary. Now there seems to be no guess when and how much the clutch is engaged. I noticed after my short drive my 1-2 shift was much smoother. A perfect shift every time not just sometimes. I'll post a better review after more time with this mod. Plus I figure if I change my mind, should only take about 15 minutes to put it back.