02-01-2020, 05:24 AM   #21
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeA View Post
The problem with 295 is that you have to use a 30 sidewall with it which will look a bit power profile than a 275/35. So from the side it will look worse (IMO) and also sit too wide for a 10 inch wheel.

Performance wise it might suffer as well because the sidewall will have more movement because of how it will sit on a 10 inch wheel. Also, that bit of lateral grip difference will be diminished by the extra rolling resistance. I’d run a 295 on a 11” wheel for maximum performance.

285 30 might work better but then the sidewall looks a bit small too. Just depends on what kind of look you’re going for. 255/275 is a great setup for ZCP wheels. I ran that with PS4S before I switched to TE’s and they looked and performed great, perfect fit for a 9” and 10” wheel setup.
i would agree with you.
i do use a 275/30 up front the difference between the two while eyeballing it is negligible (to me). i can certainly understand if people need to have it exact.
i would agree its heavy. problem is, i like the way the 359m's look. plus, the m3 isn't my daily driver and it just sits most of the time. i have track wheels for the track, so weight isn't a huge concern.