View Single Post
      09-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #494
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
The ls7 from 06-09 have an oil starvation issue when cornering on left handers over 4 seconds when you have r comps. In so cal the only track to offer that is Laguna seca. Besides, that issue is easily remedied with a larger reservoir oil tank with more baffling. About $400 all in. Also remember these issues are much more exacerbated bc their are more people who compete(not hpde's) in their z06's than M drivers...ironically, their seems to be more supercharged m3 drivers interested in air strip races over z06 owners...

As for the head issues, have you seen the statistics? Assuming here, if the motor was nearly as bad as the interweeb likes to describe, would they continue its use in the z28 without updates? Also keep in mind the 3yr 36k mi warranty only costs 1800 from GM. I know I was repeatedly turned down from third party warranties with my m6...even when I was willing to pay the 7k premium they demanded. Remember, warranty companies are all about statistics, and there premium is loosely calculated by the length of term and estimated repair costs, food for thougt
Appreciate 0