10-29-2008, 12:02 AM   #7
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I wonder have they cheated, using a special ZR1 with more power than stock like swamp believes Nissan have.
This is humorous on multiple levels. First, you imply with this statement that you don't think the 7:29 GT-R was under rated yet we all know you firmly believe it is in the neighborhood of 10% under rated. Hardly trivial for for car with almost 500 hp. Second, rather than sarcasm you should state your opinion as to whether or not this ZR1 is in any way a ringer. Of course you don't really have to courage to commit and wish to defer to someone whom you don't buy a word they offer on such topics. Very funny.

Let me commit. Of course I am not going to be 100%. There is not enough evidence and I am only going to use one small bit of the evidence available. I'll word it a bit like Greenspan (well much firmer than that, but you get the point).

A very preliminary look at the ZR1 based solely on power to weight regression reveals an over performer on the N'Ring. However, statistically the level at which it is an over performer, say compared to the GT-R, is truly worlds apart. Way, way less of an over performer than the that GT-R. Also using the Z06 as a gage for a loosely similar car, it is much more of an over performer for its specs. All that being said the 7:22 time itself is not strong evidence for specification for that car to be different than factory/production specifications.

Taking it one step further a time for the ZR-1 about 7:10 or better would lead me down the road to begin some serious questioning along the lines of my GT-R questioning.

We are waiting for your thoughts foot.
Appreciate 0