View Single Post
      04-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #2354
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW M5

Husker Auto Group Newsletter....

Well, where do I start....

First off, what Husker Auto Group decides to post on their private, internal client newsletter is completely up to them. If those posting this all over the place would have done some closer investigation they would have seen that the ONLY way to receive this is if you actively went to their website and SIGNED UP FOR IT. So, apparently, while people were poking around the Husker website last week for phone numbers, e-mail addresses and names of dealership employees to blast and harass, they must have signed up for this newsletter inadvertently or purposefully, received it, and posted.

Therefore the idea that this is some Global internet advertising scheme to "clear their name" is absurd. Believe me, Husker saying nothing openly is the best thing to do, in my opinion. In fact, the only reason anyone, outside the willing recipients who took time to sign up, even knows about this is because someone here posted it here. Further, I believe Huskers' actions have been to STAY OFF the internet, not reply or do anything. It is quite obvious that ANY comments from, or about, Husker Auto Group, that are NOT negative or in some way insulting in nature are NOT taken well here. How many times have you seen "tough crowd" posted here?

Now, if this newsletter had been posted here, or on any other blogs, directly as a response from the Husker Auto Group management team, that would be a different story. This story seems to be perpetuated by a few, a very few, here that are reaching for anything to keep it alive, perhaps to ensure it hits 1 million posts. In my opinion, this story is a dead or dying horse and has lost 98% of its interest or relevance. People have moved on, or are in the process, to the next "big issue". The point of all this was that Ken get his M3 at the price he bid....he has. The car ships today. My whole reason visiting this thread today was to mention the shipping....and then I find this....and more questioning of me!! I will not dignify my position with a response. Ask Ken what he thinks of me and my comments.....

If I may be so bold to speak as to point out that, as many here have stated, how really insignificant this story is locally and perhaps regionally. Meaning no disrespect here, but people have much more important things to worry about than this issue. Considering the economy, elections, Iraq war, gas prices, home foreclosures, the final 4 etc. As previously stated, other than the article in our local paper, buried in the business section, there was nothing. No local news station coverage, no radio, nothing. I say this because I can't express enough how important it is to realize that less than .01% of the people reading this would have ever even considered buying from BMW of Lincoln anyway. Even if I am wrong, as others have said, this will pass and be a moot point next week, at least to the buyers in this area.

Hey, waiting for a call from the dealership, gonna take some pictures of the car being loaded onto the transport. Ken contacted me offlist and I am also going to send him a hard copy of the newspaper article outlining this story and copies of the pictures. I hope everyone has a great week. Ken, look for pictures soon.....

Jeff
***all comments and opinions are those of the author and in no way represent the BMW CCA, the Missouri Valley Chapter or its board. Further, no animals were harmed while writing this response.

Last edited by BMW M5 Power; 04-02-2008 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: spelling errors/ provide clarity
Appreciate 0