04-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #97
DBFIU
Crack Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
I know that the Italia will be much quicker. It is lighter, has more HP and torque and gives up nothing to the Lexus in technology (Its already much quicker on the straights as tested anyway). Same goes for the Mclaren.

Is it downright laughable? From the guy that admits that it's gearbox is "sometimes" criticized for being jerky and inconsistent?

It beats all the current track performers? For a car that will only reach customers 18 months later, it will be stupid to compare it to something that is going out of production instead of the new Mclaren and Ferrari. (Look, it is quicker than the Ford Model T!!!!)

Why are you intent on comparing it to BMW? They dont need a halo car and they admit it. No one brings them up except you, as if it is some consolation. If Lexus needs to fix it's image, wouldn't it be prudent that it goes through its recalls quickly and returns the LX to sale?

About the "rich doofus" (silly name) part, i did not call them that. I said Lexus is more intent in giving it to socialites as they would rather it be seen in the right places.

Seriously, stop comparing it to the Stanley steamer and just admit that the Mclaren and the Italia will be quicker, 50% cheaper and have infinitely better Brand Values . Really should wrap this up.

Actually that was me