View Single Post
      08-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #376
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Since we are discussing the DCT GTS tune here in connection with the Alpine tune, I wanted to mention that I initially got the DCT GTS tune with my Alpine stage 1 tune but did not like it (the DCT tune).

I had the DCT GTS tune on a previous ESS 650 M3 and it was a nice match, but on my current stock 2012, I don't think it pairs well with the stage 1 Alpine tune. First off, the car is sluggish off the line and my guess it's because the GTS software is for a much torquier 4.4 litre motor. I like to do "mini-launch control" which is MDM on (Euro version) and slam the throttle which with the stock DCT tune kicks the rpms up to around 3,500 and drops the clutches and the car takes off no wheel spin. With the DCT GTS tune this feature has changed and drops the clutches at a much lower rpm and the car has a much harder time accelerating hard from a start. As far as quicker shifting sure maybe the DCT GTS tune is a little better (sounds like it's shifting a little faster) but I can't see the difference in any of the vbox data that I have and that's actually what matters.

So my DCT GTS software has been removed and happily back to stock.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 1
OneSickM122.00