scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
Catholics aren't Christians!?!?! I'm learning SO MUCH in this thread!
A lot of Christians (Protestants, etc.) do not see Catholics as Christian. There are a number of reasons for this. Myself, I have not looked at this in any detail. I generally will not write/speak about it because I do know there are at the least some Catholics who are Christian.

In the Catholic religion the people pray to Mary and the saints. They confess to a priest. They believe in a purgatory. I have never heard of a Christian doing that. I don't see how it could be considered consistent with New Testament scripture.

Again, I am not very knowledgeable about Catholicism, though there are some ex-Catholics in my Bible study group. They talk about their past Catholicism being raised that way, going through Catechism, altar boy, etc.

I generally do no try to speak to whether Catholics are Christian, because there is much we have in common, though there is much that is different. I have heard that the current Pope of the Roman Catholic Church has rejected all protestant denominations as heretical. If so, he definitely elevated the differences.

Perhaps it should be discussed more, but in this thread, I don't see how it could possibly be fruitful.

Are you Catholic?