View Single Post
      01-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
Sales@Gintani.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
Why is there irregular wear? On a stock car, are you going to encounter the same issues with lubrication? (i.e., less heat)

Were both of these 2008 motors?

I believe there were some updates to the mid MY2009 engines.
Yes it doesn't matter if the vehicle is stock or supercharged. We have seen this happen on completely stock M3s. Some even with very little mileage. These motors pictured here were both 2008 models.

There was in fact updates to a few components on the newer s65 M3 models. However, The problem has not been completely solved. We have also seen some 2010 models do this and we know of two 2011 models that are at the dealer right now for similar issues. They are both completely stock M3s, one of them is here in California. The other is a customer of ours who had just finished getting his first break in service done and was barely gonna take delivery of his fully paid exhaust system. He called to tell us to hold off on shipping his exhaust system because his motor let go @ 2,xxx miles.

These are just a few cases, there are many more S65 M3 motors that have let go like this around the world.
Appreciate 0