View Single Post
      11-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #31
gavsadler
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Update Nov-2019:

Something that was bugging me immensely was the luv gap between the boot and the lip spoiler. Every single time I walked past the car, I would cringe a little, and if i was close enough, grip the ends of the spoiler and restrain myself from just ripping the damn thing off. Some will find it odd how the wrong use of adhesive tape can result in a tacky outcome.

Anyways, rant over. I was also in 2 minds about the black spoiler. I'm sure it would have looked better if it was fitted flush with the boot, but I didn't go down that route. Instead, my boring, incognito, undercover persona took over, and I set about searching for a replacement.

As luck would have it, I found one Stateside for a decent price, and decided to pull the trigger. A few weeks later it arrived:

1x OEM E90 spoiler, painted in Alpine White III, with only an ever so slight mark on one spot. All the old tape underneath would also need to come off...

The next day I free'd up some time, and set to work. Here's some pics of the offending gap:

And a final farewell to the black spoiler:

I used some very thin coated wire to do the removal. I suppose thankfully in my favour this tape was cheap stuff, so it was literally like cutting through 3mm polystyrene...

After cleaning up the boot area, I took a few more pics of the car sans spoiler, a nod to the E36 M3 sedan if you will...

I then set about cleaning all the old tape off the white spoiler, and after a good couple of hours (and sore fingernails) later, it was ready for the new, thinner tape:

I did some careful measuring and marked out more or less the position it needs to line up using blue painters tape. The reality is that there really is only 1 shot at this, so I said a prayer and put the spoiler in place:

And importantly, no more gap!

I'm very happy with the outcome, and don't find myself picking at the spoiler anymore. Job done.

In other news, I contributed quite substantially to Diego and JP achieving their sales targets this month, so there will be major updates next month if all goes well.

Oh and a parcel arrived today from the UK, my LHS spark plug cover is finally here. Will install that in due course...

Oh and to end off on another good note, I'm in the 10s :smilebounce:

That's all for now...
Appreciate 1