View Single Post
      09-04-2018, 01:40 PM   #42
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
^ For sure, since the ZCP does nothing for straight line performance. Even in the turns, though, 40 lbs from the roof would be comparable to a 1/2'' drop, I'd expect. Basically it makes sense that those who care about things like ZCP will also care about a slicktop.

Most buyers won't care about ZCP either, but that doesn't mean they're cheaper.
Supply and demand is all relative. Yes most buyers wont care or will like a sunroof. But if that's 80% of the buyers and 90% of the cars have a sunroof, that would have positive pricing effects on the slicktops. Yes "only" 20% of buyers care about that, but they're fighting over only 10% of the cars. I am making up the numbers but you'll all get my point. It's like LSB now on the E46. Not many people want LSB, but enough do and there are few enough of them that they are among the most expensive now.
Exactly. I would bet the numbers are stronger than your example with respect to a slicktop E90, especially as time goes by. There are very few examples available in the total scheme of things. With only 5867 E90 M3s imported and 1453 of those being slicktops, it's a very, very small market of potentially available cars at any given time.

If you narrow it down to LCI, that's only 952 slicktops to choose from. Narrow it further to 2011 slicktops, etc, etc.

If one is in the market for a low mileage 2011 slicktop, it doesn't take too many potential buyers to create a strong bid for such cars given how few cars are available.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0