View Single Post
      08-31-2018, 06:08 AM   #27
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

It made it hard 6 years ago in my search for a 2011 6MT slicktop, but there is no way I would have purchased it with a sunroof. Besides never using a sunroof, the reduction in headroom is significant and prevents me from wearing a helmet. I already knew this was the case since we've owned an E90 330i since new and were forced to buy it with a sunroof (premium package stuff wasn't available otherwise).

The resale market is stronger for slicktop E90 M3s -- just ask EAG; they immediately sell at strong pricing the combo of E90 ZCP 6MT slicktop. It's the most desirable car they want to purchase.

I hated that my E39 M5 had to have a sunroof...the entire 14+ years I owned the car. Sadly, BMWNA didn't import a single one with a slicktop while in every other market in the world, customers were able to choose.

Our E91 has a monster sunroof which of course was forced on every imported E91 by BMWNA. It goes much further back than the sedan such that it dramatically imposes on rear headroom. I'm only 6'2", but I can't sit in the rear of the E91 without leaning to the side. It's ridiculous. It rattles over bumps, and probably weighs close to 100lbs.

At least on M-cars BMW has made the sunroof a standalone option, starting with the E90, so customers can have a choice. We have an M2C on order with a slicktop, and if it wasn't available that way, I would not have bought the car.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 1