View Single Post
      04-19-2020, 05:47 PM   #101
Zap
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Convertible (JZB)

I could use a few tips here - I'm waist deep in this project now. I have the bumper removed and holes cut using the punch. That went smoothly and they look excellent.

Are there any tricks to mounting the sensors to the bumper itself? For those of you that have done this - did you mount them while in the brackets? I have some concern that the gaskets will properly land in the holes as test fitting them on sensors without the brackets resulted in a fit that was a bit tight to get the rubber portion to engage fully.

Also, I already have the harness routed to the outside of the DME box. I've removed the DME and carrier, but I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to route the harness through the rubber grommet so I don't compromise the seal of the box itself, or if there needs to be another method employed. Also, once the cable is safely inside the box, will it cleanly feed through to the footwell or do I need to use something to fish it in?

Any pointers are appreciated. I'm eagerly looking forward to having the front end and engine bay back together. Then I can tackle routing the wire to the rear of the car, which should be simple as I've done that before when I installed my rear view camera. I updated the switch panel at that time, as well, so once I get the wiring run inside it should mostly be downhill from here!
Past (6MT) 2007 E92 SG - 2007 E92 MB - 2014 F30 335xi EB II
Appreciate 0