Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalelement View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd501 View Post
I think you'll get used to the control and planted feeling it imparts, especially cornering; my biggest complaint driving Japanese rentals is the suspension and steering feel "floaty" compared to the M3 (which isn't a fair comparison).

Never get used to the engine noise though, always sounds like the first time.
My FR-S had a redone suspension and a much lower center of gravity than the M3, even stock, so I certainly feel way less planted. FR-S was also very direct rack-and-pinion that I could feel the cracks in the road through. FR-S also weighed substantially less (about 1000 lbs).

Personally, at least while I'm still getting familiar with the car, I feel way less control/planting - even though both cars have almost identical skidpad numbers. I'm sure I'll learn to trust it more as time goes on, but it feels like such a monster right now that I'm still a bit hesitant to push it to the edge.
I've got the same problem with my e92 M3. It just feels like a big tank compared to my Z4. my Z4 is so quick and nimble with just the right amount of power for a little car I don't have to worry about getting myself killed in it.

The M3 is just a different beast. I just need to get used to it. I plan on taking it on Charlotte Speedway the day after Thanksgiving. NASCAR has an annual charity laps event on it.