Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MspiredM3 View Post
Nice scare tactic bud.

Even on a kit that doesn't rely on W/M, it can only help, not hinder performance. I agree with you, running a tune or a certain boost level that relies on W/M to keep certain parameters in check is a tad risky, but if you have the right safety mechanisms in place, then you are good to go.

There is only so much power you can make on 91 craptane, regardless of the hardware or tune. W/M injection is a tool that can be used to "push the envelope" further while still using pump fuel.
Hey Mike,

No scare tactics here brother.

I'm just a tad more conservative in regards to these things.

"Less is more"...as far as I'm concerned. Over the years, it has become very apparent to me...that K.I.S.S. is usually the best path to take.

The more elaborate you build something...the more likely something will go wrong.

In other words, the more complex (or complicated) you make a design, the more likely you will end up of having issues with it. (over time)

I'll take a FI kit that uses fewer parts (to do the same job) vs. one that uses more parts.

Since I don't care about being the king of stoplight drag racing, I'll gladly give up the title of "fastest dude in town" to gain a better chance of having a car that I can actually drive everyday. Not a car where there is always 'something' that I needs to be addressed, repaired, replaced, upgraded, modified, etc., etc., etc.

I'm not at all interested in being on the bleeding edge of performance.

Let's just say that I've "been there, done that" (in my 20's), and that's not a place that I ever want to go back to again.

I understand that you guys feel that you need to use Water/Meth to make decent power because of the crappy fuel you have out there. (I can see your point)

But Mike...a very well engineered FI kit that maximizes the efficiency of the hardware components (assuming the hardware components were properly selected for that application in the first place), will always produce more power than a kit with poorly engineered componants that are not very efficient, and do not work well together. (even if the software was spot on)

Now I know that I have access to 93 octane here in Texas, so yea, I have a better grade of fuel than you have in Cali.

So I guess that I can see why you feel that a Water/Meth setup is the better alternative to just using 100 octane unleaded race gas.

I was just saying that Water/Meth it's not the only way that you can make more power with the same FI kit. (supercharged or turbocharged)

BTW: I'm glad to see that you've figured out what you're going to do with your M3.

That year long nightmare was painful to read about, and it brought back some bad memories for me as well. I feel for you brother, since I was once in your shoes. The pursuit of big power is sometimes a rocky road, especially if your goal is to be the big kahuna.

Last edited by Lemans_Blue_M; 03-06-2010 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0