Thread: STi to M3?
View Single Post
      06-07-2019, 06:16 AM   #4
burnrbr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Comp DCT

I've had a 2005 STI with a rotated GT3076 turbo kit and all supporting mods making over 400 whp on pump gas. I've also had a 2008 fbo STI. Both had upgraded springs and the 2005 also had sways and bushings. My E90 M3 has an ESS tune, Akropovic exhaust, and intake which commonly produces around 385 whp. I also have a Stoptech bbk front and rear and MCS 3 way coilovers. If the feeling of power is your pleasure, stay with your STI. My M3 doesn't feel fast. The low torque and linear power delivery is unique to the S65 and is much loved on this forum, but it does not give one the feeling of power. There is no surge nor noticeable hit of of power. It is smooth and rewarding in its own way, but I do miss torque in the mid range. My 600 whp, 600 wht 2009 CTS-V was a monster in that department. If you desire a combination of prestige, better looks, better interior, higher reving engine with linear power delivery, and much, much better driving dynamics, then get an E9X M3. Putting a supercharger on an E9X M3 is a game changer, but as mentioned it's $$$$.
Appreciate 0