Thread: E90 M3 or 1M
View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 02:54 PM   #6
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

If you're not driving it much you might actually make some money on this deal, ignoring the insurance costs you'll pay to own any car and any extra tax etc. I'd do 1M just to experience something different if you're biturbo-curious, sell it if you don't like it, don't sell it if you do, can't lose really. A nice low miles E90M is still being dragged down by the claws of cruel 5000+unit depreciation as soon as it's driven, where the 1M's seem to be holding steady and the difference between 40k and 60k doesn't seem to be much of any so long as condition is good

We have a 12 year old N54 in the family and it's had some minor issues but, it's in an E93 and doesn't get driven much and still gets where it's going at 30k miles. For a weekend car you don't depend on all the time, who cares, if it throws a code it tells you what's wrong and you get it fixed

SO yeah. If you were willing to sell your E90M, that tells me you weren't willing to mate for life with it, which tells me you should try the 1M on and see how it feels