02-21-2019, 09:21 AM   #251
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immy68 View Post
So I've had this car since November. I did a PPI before purchasing the car at a BMW dealership.

I took my car in to a small mechanic shop that my good friend owns to do my first oil change on the car..

He told me my transmission is leaking and that I should of done an inspection before I bought the car...

So now I have a leak that I'm not sure how long its been and now needing to fix..

Anyways my question is how bad is the leak and how much roughly would it cost to fix this? Is this an urgent fix? Did I do damage to the car from driving it to much with the leak?

I asked how long you think the leak has been going on and he said it looked to be a couple months but who knows..
Like the guys says probably no issues. Seems almost "all" M-DCT's are leaking some (my first did after 20k miles, second/current did after 10k or so and I honestly don't worry). Repair differs a lot depending on whether bottom gasket, side/mechatronic or top. In the latter case box has to come down = dollares.
If the box has a real leak the under cover should be properly oily. Suggest you wipe the box clean and try to get a feel for the amount. If it like most only "sweat" a tad I'd ask to shop to fill it up and continue drive with a smile.
Ps. Box + cooler/lines contain 9+ liters fluid so half a liter or so doesn't seem to disturb funtion.
Appreciate 0