View Single Post
      10-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #64
simple2010
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e90 M3 DCT ZCP

Got the ECU tune from Alex yesterday. Great transaction, as expected. We talked more about the implications of doing a cold start delete when you still have the primary cats. I was willing to just live with making sure I warm it up prior to really getting on it (which you should do anyway) but then he had an idea. How about lowering the rev limiter even more if the oil is too cold?

Great idea and alleviates a little concern if some valet gets crazy with it. Now on cold start the limiter starts at around 3,500 - 4,000rpm range which is reflected on the tach. At first it was a little weird to start the car and see the limit indicator so far to the left but it works perfectly.

I haven't driven it enough to let it fully adapt but it's already noticeable. I was running a really old software version so it's hard to say how much was the tune and how much was just updating to 241E. Regardless, the butt dyno is very pleased and generally it's just running "better."

Sure, you can get the Dinan flash now for less but you don't get Alex, you don't get a bunch of maps to play with and you don't get to do it from the comfort of home. Easily worth the premium.
Appreciate 0