View Single Post
      05-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #56
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fool View Post
SZ... have you seen the pieces that get put into the BMW's? I had ordered wood trim added to my 530i and cancelled my order when I saw the flimsy mm thick pieces they wanted 800 euro for.

Everyone keeps talking about BMW build quality... WHERE??? the engine and suspension maybe. The paint SUCKS, the windshield is weak as hell, the front wheel fender shrouds pull away from the fender wells, the brakes produce more dust than a wind storm in kansas. Electronic gremlims that screw up the ENTIRE car when they occur. I have owned 5 BMW's in the last 4 years and build quality is not the first thing that comes to mind. The ONLY BMW I have owned that gave me minimal problems was my X3... hence why just bought another one.
My experience with BMW is limited as I have only been a BMW owner since 2009. I currently own my 2009 M3 and a 2011 X5d. Within my circle of friends, there are 4 X5's, 2 M3's, 2 335's, all are 2009+. We have all had a great experience with our BMWs (a few HPF pump failures on one of the 335s).

To me, both my M3 and X5 seem to be of very good quality. I don't really see anything that feels or looks cheap. A BMW interior may not be as visually engaging as some of the Merc models, but cheap they are not IMO.

When I went to the DC car show a few months ago and was looking at the selection from Detroit, I immediately made my way to the Chevy section to see the Vettes and the Ford section to see the Mustangs. The one common theme that I wasn't very impressed with was the interior. However, I heard that Chevy has heard the calls of the consumer and will be updating the Vettes interior for 2012!

-SZ
Appreciate 0