View Single Post
      04-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #30
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Because you can't feel it doesn't make it any safer!

These spacers just don't have the chamfering done properly.

The only fool proof way to do spacers is via a stud conversion and flat non hubcentric spacers. I'd stay away from the other ones unless trial and error and sketchy vibrations are your thing.
Are you really advising people to use non-hubcentric spacers... And rely on lug-centric install? Bad advice IMO. Properly designed hub-centric spacers work great. I should clarify that I do use non-hubcentric 5mm spacers but they are thin enough to allow the wheel to still interface with the hub to remain hub-centric. The only problem that I have ever had is with 10mm spacers combined with certain wheels that don't have sufficient chamfer at the hub (for a 10mm spacer). I always use Turner Motorsports spacers. Not of fan of MS stuff. I have run spacers without issue on dozens of wheels on my M3. Most people with spacer problems either install them incorrectly, don't hunter road force balance their tires or buy cheap spacers.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 04-08-2014 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0