Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Sure I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Swamp, hope you are reading this....
Of course I am reading. The less good the damn flow of information gets the more I want to read this forum. Not sure why you want to make sure I in particular read it though...

Anyway brakes: All I ever said was that the E92 M3 brakes in the front look identical to the E60 M5 front brakes and that was my basis for believing the fronts were dual piston. I still contend they look awfully similar but in retrospect probably not identical. I think I see some subtle differences (ignore the "aftermarket M sticker on the M5 caliper...). I suppose this is a bit disappointing. Sure seems like BMWs best choice, since they wont go "aftermarket" as OEM, would have been the M5 calipers. On the bright side I do think the huge ducts on the front bumper cover indicate a increased emphasis on brake cooling for the M3. With proper cooling these lowly single piston units could be just fine on the track. If not there will be plenty of great aftermarket solutions that simultaneously address performance and looks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0