JDM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKM View Post
Congrats! Easy 9 second car utilizing LC.
Thank you!!!

I would like to think so, but LC is simply impossible on that car: all my runs are made with MDM on, cause shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear with boost climing up to 1,26-1,27 bar is soooo interesting trick which I personally could not control to stabilize the car and not to loose acceleration...

So, MDM only and no LC...

But on that competition we decided to raise idle rmps to 1,500 instead of 800, and that helped a lot in making stable and quality starts on 1/4 mile.

I would have my next 1/4 runs in 3 weeks on very well prepared track with glue. If all is OK and the car performs from power perspective like last week, new trap speed 1/4 WR (and maybe, time also) would appear for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by filinm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKM View Post
Congrats! Easy 9 second car utilizing LC.
Thank you!!!

I would like to think so, but LC is simply impossible on that car: all my runs are made with MDM on, cause shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear with boost climing up to 1,26-1,27 bar is soooo interesting trick which I personally could not control to stabilize the car and not to loose acceleration...

So, MDM only and no LC...

But on that competition we decided to raise idle rmps to 1,500 instead of 800, and that helped a lot in making stable and quality starts on 1/4 mile.

I would have my next 1/4 runs in 3 weeks on very well prepared track with glue. If all is OK and the car performs from power perspective like last week, new trap speed 1/4 WR (and maybe, time also) would appear for sure

Why not lower your launch rpms? I understand your making more power but what happened at 3500 rpm launch vs 5500?
Appreciate 0