View Single Post
      10-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

hit nail on head. as much as i love my gt3, its not an every day car. the m3 is so much fun and i'm happy in it every day. i switched to a manual from DCT and couldn't be happier. clutch pedal is little on the light side. i didn't like the seat height. switching to recaro pole position solved that. i actually sit higher in the porsche now. i also whole heartily agree with the M3 being such a fun and easy car to drift. It begs for it and its so easy to dance on that edge. The Porsche is not the car to experiment with oversteer unless you have plenty of room to throw the back end around.

i drove the new M5 and got it to easily show its turbo lag. the torque when boost is on is nice but i could tell almost immediately it wasn't going to be fun for long. hoping the turbo M3's are engineered a little more linearly, but my E90 M3 might just have to be a keeper.