01-31-2017, 11:05 PM   #26
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmega View Post
Interesting, I was quoted 12 hours for labor.
But yes, I'm dropping mine off Tuesday morning for BE bearings and bolts. What are you going with for mounts, jiggz ?
I'm going with OEM. John said someone else was doing an aftermarket motor mount...was that you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalPULSE View Post
I'm expecting my shipment of BE rod bearings & bolts this week and I too am looking at shops for the install. Other forum members spoke highly of Ian at I.S. Garage, but haven't heard back from him yet.

So is Group 2 quoting ~$1250 for the rod bearings install only, or including the motor mounts. I've got a set of the Group N replicas from bimmerworld that I'm going to install at the same time.
I spoke to Ian, among other shops. Nice guy, spent some time with me on the phone. His hourly rate was lower but total cost quite a bit more, equaled out to 16 or so hours labor. But perhaps he'd give you a different #? Also, his shop is moving, again, this time down to Kent in mid-February, which is not convenient for me. But I'd trust him to do the work based on my conversation and feedback from others on this forum.

The ~$1250 did not include the motor mounts as I added those after the fact, but was quoted .5 hours, maybe 1, to do the mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalPULSE View Post
Also, does Group 2 use plastigauge to measure the bearing clearances during the service?
Most shops mentioned plastigauge when I spoke with them. I should double check that with G2 though, as I can't recall for certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoneil View Post
sounds like there's a few of us that's ready to do this relatively soon. Wondering if any of these shops would be willing to do a GB for labor? I'd be in if theres even a little bit of savings.
Great idea, you should lead that effort When I drop my car off I can casually ask about that. I know at G2 they only have 2 guys qualified to do this work and they're booked up a ways out, so not sure they could fit in a slew of S65s. But there's lots of shops around...
Appreciate 0