View Single Post
      02-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #17
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i (SOLD) E92M3 (SOLD)

Also, my .02 on rear fill speakers: Your better off without them. With stereo sound rear fill only pulls the front stage back. (rear subs don't count as rear fill as sub frequencies are mostly non-directional meaning the human brain cannot localize these low frequencies) When you watch a concert, you see and hear what's going on in front of you on a stage. With really high end car audio systems you can place virtually where different instruments are playing on stage. With these high end systems the goal is trying to move the image farther forward if possible by physically moving door drivers higher and more forward using custom dash installs. Rear speakers have their place in a movie environment where surround sound processing requires these additional drivers. With stereo imaging, careful use of DSP is needed to introduce rear fill without ruining the front stage. If your worried about volume levels without the rear speakers, once you get the amp in place and change the front speakers, I suspect you won't have any issues with volume at freeway speeds with windows cracked as you mentioned.

With our HiFi system, we would be better off adding in a front center channel than adding rear fill but we won't get into that as it would require additional channels of amplification and proper DSP to integrate properly.

Just a quick note about me as you mentioned in your first post that you're not an audiophile; I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile either. Just a regular enthusiast who has listened to some really good car audio systems and thus I see this more as a curse so to speak because: 1) most factory audio systems now don't sound that good to me and 2) I've seen and heard first hand what car audio can become so now there is a insatiable craving for 'better' and I don't have the money to support this.
Appreciate 2
wfdeacon881105.00
chocstraw495.50