CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Euro MDM is a pretty good compromise. For those of us who are out to have fun and want a high probability of not wrecking our cars, it's fairly unobtrusive. I rarely feel it come on while on track. On the street on cold tires a few weeks ago I almost had a spin on an open on ramp and had to make some very large steering corrections to save it. Euro MDM was on and I'm not sure it did anything so that particular instance warned me that you can still lose it with Euro MDM.
I think that is exactly the point of the video. MDM does small corrections that most drivers (beginner/intermediate) would not feel. It is mosty the "big" corrections that are felt. In the video we can clearly see MDM applying slight brake pressure to the front/outside tire to limit/prevent oversteer. The car is clearly not yet in an oversteer situation when MDM intervened.

Someone that drives on track only with MDM will continue to apply more throttle and/or more steering input than the grip can take and this WILL become a bad habbit. I can recall a few forum members here that were adamently defending the use of MDM at the track, until they started driving without it

As I posted in the other thread, for a complete noob, using MDM is most likely the right thing to do. But IMO, as soon as one is comfortable on the track and the conditions permit, the aids should be turned off. If one feels they are at risk of crashing: slow down.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 04-04-2013 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0