View Single Post
      12-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #16
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
I think the 335 is an unreliable car however vs the M3.. A few of my friends have them and they seem to always break in the same expensive way.. water pump, injector problems, carbon buildup, fuel pump problems, suspension problems.. the parts BMW used on the 335 are definitely not the same premium parts that are on the M3.

If it came down to a 335xi or your subie.. I'd go with the subie.
Really a few of the guys who I have talked to and a few tuners have said go the 335 route because of reliability issues. The only thing I have heard about the E9X M's are to watch is the motor, specifically the bearings. The 335 I haven't heard much about except the water pump. So like I said before, I got to get searching and researching like crazy on to what my goals and usage will be.

edit: Woah, I read your post so fast I didn't see that last comment. I have had 3 Subarus, an 06 STI, 11 WRX and now the 15 WRX (bunch of Evos also) and I have come to the conclusion that this car is just boring to me. I don't like the shifting, the sound and the seats and might have jumped the gun on this so now Im looking into something else.
Appreciate 0