footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
I would go m3 all day cause it is better in everyway. the only thing the s4 has is if someone want AWD. But then, there are ton of other better option for AWD and winter. X6M.

i even pick the x6 35i or 50i over the s4 in a heart beat. Since you are talking about winter, the x6 has more ground clearance, safer, bigger, more storeage, ton of power, etc.

or even the infiniti fx35 or fx50 over the s4.

IMO those SUV look more exciting than the S4 and more practical for winter.
You have to understand the way the torsen system works in comparison to BMW's x-drive, it's different and while the x-drive will cope fine with some stuff it's actually not that great in the winter. Though to be perfectly honest neither the S4 or 335xi or even the X6M will fair that great until snow tyres are fitted.

What the X6 has is ground clearance and that's all important in heavy snow. If you are less likely to experience such snow falls then any of them will be perfect but only the S4 is offering everything that's on offer (extras wise) that the M3 has, plus I'm guessing that price has a bearing on things so the X6M will probably be out of the running.

Mate if you go the Audi route then go easy on the extras and post pictures, if you can't resist the M3 and can put up with the occasional scary moments in the snow then again post pictures, either way they are both great cars to own and cherish.
Appreciate 0